The Gold Series of discrete luminaires
Features at a glance
- New Zealand's highest thermal safety compliance IC-F/IC-4
- Available in premium 90+ CRI, Sleep LED™ and Studio LED™ versions
- 3 Beam angle options available 20° , 40° and wide beam
- Designed & built in Canterbury, New Zealand
- 10 Year lamp & driver warranty4
- Ultra-long lifespan lighting engine exceeding 60,000 hours 3
Most LEDs designed to replace halogen lights fit cutouts of 80+ mm. Iris 2 fits those as small as 68mm making it more versatile. Additionally, Iris has a 97mm trim which is specifically catered to cover the residue marks from the previous fitting. It's truly a fit and forget solution.
Through optical and technological refinements, Iris 2 has an extremely low glare rating which does not exceed UGR 14.4 1 on any of its variations. Any light fitting under UGR 19 is classed as low glare. You'll experience smooth crisp light without causing added stress on your eyes.
We designed and built the original Iris for two main purposes. The first being to replace the traditional halogen downlight that comes in many shapes and sizes. The second was to provide a discrete luminaire for those who sought a more visually pleasing light with a smaller form factor. Iris 2 adds to this with a suite of new technology and mechanical refinement. Iris fits in ceiling cutouts that most can't, and provides 9 different customization options to suit a variety of applications.
While being a discrete luminaire of only 97mm, IRIS 2 packs a punch - capable of producing up to 800 lumens at just 9W2. In Iris 2 we have upgraded the colour rendering to a highly respectable 90+ CRI for more true to life colours and a nicer ambiance. Iris 2 utilizes the highest quality LED technology which allows for a lifespan over 60,000 hours at L703 and comes packaged with a full 10 year warranty. 4
Iris 2 has 2 different lens options and three optical beam angle options. These are 20° , 40° and Wide beam angles and either an optical grade transparent lens or a frosted PMMA lens.
There are three different product technologies available for Iris 2. These being base - for high colour rendering, high performance applications. Secondly, Sleep LED - a HEV blue peak eliminating light source technology. Finally, we have Studio LED, for Ultra high colour rendering applications.
Through years of refinement and general improvements, we have designed a world class package of design, performance and reliability.
Sleep LED technology removes the peak of HEV (high energy visible light) that disrupts the brains release of melatonin.Learn More
Studio LED technology provides ultimate colour representation with a colour rendering index of 97+. Studio technology additionally boasts high contrast light to bring the texture and appearance of objects to life. With studio, colours and textures are vivid and lustrous.Learn More
Iris 2 has three trim colour options to choose from. Black, brushed aluminium and matte white. Our black is matte black and is anti-reflective to reduce glare. Our brushed trim has the aluminium directly brushed rather than application of heavy metals . Our white trim is powder coated using a special formulation that is extremely durable and designed for many of the most popular ceiling paints used in New Zealand.
Compatible with over 90%5 of New Zealand wall dimmer systems and most smart home electronics.
Suitable as an update for all R80 downlights with cutouts between 68-90mm and trims up to 97mm.
Full 10 Year warranty4 on both the lamp and the included LED driver for peace of mind. *7-year commercial.
The attached Phoenix 2 LED driver is fully insulation coverable with approved insulation types.
Includes Visionary's proprietary CCT binning technology 'Tru-light' to ensure consistent colour.
Fully IC-F rated for use under all NZ approved insulation types including Pink Batts and Earthwool.
Available with industry best colour rendering typically measured to be 97+ CRI6 for premium quality light colour rendering.
Designed with a fully sealed front lens to ensure no air movement from room-space to ceiling cavity.
Suitable for use in bathrooms + kitchens and indoor humid environments as well as under soffits.
SCB & HCB = Zero meaning that the product can abut combustible building elements safely.
A custom formulated trim finish to be highly durable. The trim colours are designed to match common design elements.
Premium quality components and thermal design help ensure a long product lifespan3.
Visionary Technologies reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Visionary to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
1. Unified glare rating based on ( 0.7 Ceiling/Cavity , 0.5 Walls , 0.2 Working Plane) with room dimensions (X = 4H , Y = 12H) Maximum rating recorded on any I9W-Dxxxx variant was reported at 14.4 UGR using the above parameters.
2. Reported total lumen flux recorded using IRIS 2 model (I9W-DW4KF) Total lumen flux varies based on product sub model, reflector and lens choices and technology use.
3. LM80 data (TM-21 10K) 10,000 hours of testing. 60,500 hours is based on L70 calculated data as per LM80 testing parameters.
4. 10 year warranty applies to the lamp and approved attached Phoenix Series LED driver. 7 year warranty on lamp and driver applies when being used in a commercial building. Please read our warranty disclosure statement on our website (found under the support menu) for more information.
5. Tested using 17 of the most common dimmers in New Zealand using Visionary lamp model E12W-Dx3K on a 1-2 lamp load.
6. 97+ CRI model applies to when Iris 2 is used with Studio Technology. 90+ CRI when used with its Base model.
1X IRIS 2 Downlight
1X Phoenix 2 LED Driver (Dimmable)
1x Connect Cable (Pre-wired)